HOW COACHING WORKS
The brief version:
- You begin with a problem, objective, goal.
- You sign on with Rose Jonas as your guide to get you where you want to go or resolve crisis.
- You develop goals and desired outcomes.
- You work with Rose for weeks or months, being accountable for doing the necessary tasks between sessions.
- When you complete your goal(s), you end the coaching or sign on for more (clients often continue with occasional individual sessions).
These are the situations that bring clients to Rose:
- Career or Business Crisis
- Career Change
- Big Dreams
- Job Search
Each situation first requires a foundation session. You and Rose explore your life, values, purpose, issue(s), what you want from the coaching. This meeting lasts 90+ minutes, in person or by phone, and points the way to continued coaching, based on your situation.
1. Career or Business Crisis:
- Trouble with boss
- First bad performance review
- Fired ... or afraid I will be
The coaching is pragmatic, solution-focused.
2. Career Change
- How do I know what's next for me?
- What do I want to be when I grow up?
- How do I get there?
- How do I get out of where I am now?
The coaching covers purpose, values, dreams, heart-seeking, gifts, obligations, resources, courage.
3. Big Dreams
- I want to make big leaps in my career.
- I'm not sure how to make that happen.
- I want to move farther and faster than I am now.
- I'm ready to do what it takes.
- I need help.
The coaching addresses goals, dreams, potential, gifts, reaching, action, going for it.
4. Job Search
- Not sure where to look or what to look for
- What am I good at?
- I never get past the interview
- I hate networking!
The coaching involves personal preparation, using the right tools, taking action.